Healthcare in the 21st century is more than meeting the needs of your patients, your goal is to exceed customer expectations and excel in patient satisfaction. DFM's Room Service software solutions equips you with the means to provide Five Star meal services not only to patients, but to employees and guests as well.
• View the foods that the patient/customer is allowed (by diet, time of day and/or allergy restrictions) and make recommendations if the customer needs assistance choosing compatible items.
• Type text messages that will print on the meal ticket to facilitate delivery.
• Enter selections for future meals and specify the date/time for the meal to be served.
• Easily add “write-ins” to a meal ticket.
• Employees have the flexibility to pay cash or use payroll deduction for their purchase.
• Employee meals can be expressed as delivery or pickup.
• Employees who pick up their meals may have a discount applied.
• Employees and guest can order form the same or different menus with separate pricing structures.
• Guest meals may be billable or complimentary.
• Time slotting allows you to have only a certain number of orders going to the kitchen for prep during each set time period.
• This keeps the kitchen from being overloaded with tickets during peak meal times.
• Patients order only the food they plan to eat, minimizing tray waste.
• Patients order food whenever they want it, rather than be subjected to predefined meal times for their nursing unit.
• Patients order from a less restrictive menu and learn what they can and cannot eat when they are discharged. Room Service call receptionists can personally recommend alternative menu selections that are more suitable to the patients' diet restrictions.
• Patients are monitored by the Room Service System for frequency of orders. Patients who do not order during a specified time period are reported for dietary evaluation – no one gets lost or forgotten.
• Employees who have a limited amount of time for meals, or who work in remote areas away from the cafeteria, may have meals delivered right to their work area. This ensures that all employees have equal access to meal services regardless work load or job location.
• Payroll deduction options enhance the employee benefit package and remove the “cash only” barrier to meal service opportunities.
• Employees who choose to pick up their meal, rather than have it delivered, can have a discount on the total meal cost.
• Guests may conveniently dine in the room with their patient family member, enhancing customer service and patient satisfaction.
• Food prepared on a “made-to-order” basis, enhances the perception of freshness and quality.
• Perception of “personal service” is enhanced through individualized ordering and one-on-one meal delivery by Room Service hostesses.
Hear it From Our Customers
ROCKFORD MEMORIAL HOSPITAL
Rockford Memorial Hospital, Rockford, Illinois, is part of Mercyhealth, an integrated
health system with five hospitals, 85 medical and specialty centers, home health and hospice services and a wholly owned and operated insurance company that employs more than 7,500 throughout northern Illinois and southern Wisconsin. In addition to Rockford Memorial, Mercyhealth uses Dietary Food Management Room Service at its hospitals in Janesville and Lake Geneva, Wisconsin, and Harvard, Illinois. Room Service was implemented at Rockford Memorial in June of 2016 and the facility has
seen growing improvements in overall satisfaction in the dietary department.
Mercyhealth had a 30 day goal of achieving full
implementation of the DFM Room Service system. A
well-organized implementation was achieved through
the efforts of Project Managers and staff at Rockford
Memorial as well as the DFM team. The initial training
process was a straightforward experience for the staff. With the varied level of users’ skill-set, even the most apprehensive team members were capable of learning the
One of the most significant benefits from installation of the system has been that Rockford was able to continue to support their patients through the Room Service
application and integration with their EMR. Rockford transitioned from one software provider to DFM with no downtime and flawless integration, which is where they see the most cost saving benefit. Another convenient benefit is the continuity between the two sites. Both facilities have a similar setup which allows users to consult on any issues that may occur.