Healthcare in the 21st century is more than meeting the needs of your patients, your goal is to exceed customer expectations and excel in patient satisfaction. DFM's Room Service software solutions equips you with the means to provide Five Star meal services not only to patients, but to employees and guests as well.
• View the foods that the patient/customer is allowed (by diet, time of day and/or allergy restrictions) and make recommendations if the customer needs assistance choosing compatible items.
• Type text messages that will print on the meal ticket to facilitate delivery.
• Enter selections for future meals and specify the date/time for the meal to be served.
• Easily add “write-ins” to a meal ticket.
• Employees have the flexibility to pay cash or use payroll deduction for their purchase.
• Employee meals can be expressed as delivery or pickup.
• Employees who pick up their meals may have a discount applied.
• Employees and guest can order form the same or different menus with separate pricing structures.
• Guest meals may be billable or complimentary.
• Time slotting allows you to have only a certain number of orders going to the kitchen for prep during each set time period.
• This keeps the kitchen from being overloaded with tickets during peak meal times.
• Patients order only the food they plan to eat, minimizing tray waste.
• Patients order food whenever they want it, rather than be subjected to predefined meal times for their nursing unit.
• Patients order from a less restrictive menu and learn what they can and cannot eat when they are discharged. Room Service call receptionists can personally recommend alternative menu selections that are more suitable to the patients' diet restrictions.
• Patients are monitored by the Room Service System for frequency of orders. Patients who do not order during a specified time period are reported for dietary evaluation – no one gets lost or forgotten.
• Employees who have a limited amount of time for meals, or who work in remote areas away from the cafeteria, may have meals delivered right to their work area. This ensures that all employees have equal access to meal services regardless work load or job location.
• Payroll deduction options enhance the employee benefit package and remove the “cash only” barrier to meal service opportunities.
• Employees who choose to pick up their meal, rather than have it delivered, can have a discount on the total meal cost.
• Guests may conveniently dine in the room with their patient family member, enhancing customer service and patient satisfaction.
• Food prepared on a “made-to-order” basis, enhances the perception of freshness and quality.
• Perception of “personal service” is enhanced through individualized ordering and one-on-one meal delivery by Room Service hostesses.
Hear it From Our Customers
McCULLOUGH-HYDE MEMORIAL HOSP.
For nearly 15 years, McCullough-Hyde Memorial Hospital used an antiquated electronic cash register that was responsible for mid-transaction malfunctions that caused frustration for both the staff and customers. The staff was given the laborious task of manually adding all receipts for monthly charges.
DFM’s Point of Sale Suite was found to be the most suitable solution for their department challenges. Training the staff on DFM’s POS system was a breeze and streamlined the process of adding items and price changes. The staff was also pleased with the ability to run their own reports. They were able to focus their attention on the guest rather than the paperwork!
With Room Service, McCullough-Hyde has transitioned to a restaurant-style menu, allowing patients to order at their discretion, increasing nutritional improvement as well as cost savings. Meals are made to order, which has enhanced the freshness and quality of their food. Their performance improvement survey revealed positive feedback from patients using Room Service.